GenZero is committed to protecting your privacy
GenZero is a product powered by CARE International UK. CARE International UK is a registered charity in England and Wales with the registered charity number 292506 ("CARE International").
c/o Ashurst LLP
London Fruit and Wool Exchange
1 Duval Square
London E1 6PW
Or call our GenZero team on +44 020 7091 6100
One of the most important things to say is that we NEVER sell or exchange your personal information with other organisations for marketing purposes.
Please note also that you are in control of how we might hold or use your personal information.
How we collect information
We will collect information about you when:
The types of personal information we might hold about you
● Your name, address, email address and phone numbers
● Your purchase history
● Your tax status if you have given us permission to claim Gift Aid or told us you are not eligible
● Your credit card details will not be held by GenZero or CARE International, if you subscribe to a GenZero package they will be held securely by our payment processors.
Additional research about you
● To try to make sure we don’t waste vital charity funds, we might add to what we know about you with information from third party sources. This may include:
Your parliamentary constituency
● An estimate of your age, the size and make up of your household and your interests
● Possible geodemographic segmentation (this is characterising neighbourhoods on the principle that residents living near each other are likely to have similar demographic, socio-economic and lifestyle characteristics)
Using your personal information
We will use your information (see how we collect your information above) for the following purposes when it is in both yours and our legitimate interests to do so.● To provide you with the service or information you have requested
● With your consent we may also: email or send you text messages with updates and offers from GenZero.
Your consent will be valid for at least three years, unless you tell us otherwise. If you do not open our emails or respond to our text messages during a three year period we will assume we no longer have consent to contact you in this way.
● Dataro - AI powered donor scoring software Facebook - advertising
● Google - website analytics and advertising
● Intermarketing – print supplier
● JPMG - print supplier
● Mailchimp – email supplier
● Open Creates - marketing agency
● OMG - text and online donation checkout
● Purity Fundraising – telemarketing
● The Kite Factory - media buying agency
In the process of working with Mailchimp your data may be transferred outside the EEA, to the US. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:● We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
● Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK.
How long we keep your information for
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
If you tell us you do not consent to receive our marketing, we will keep a record of your contact details to enable us to remove you from any contact lists now and in the future.
Legacy income is vital to funding CARE International’s work. We may keep personal information you provide to us for as long as is needed both to administer legacy gifts and to communicate effectively with the families of people leaving us legacies. This also enables us to identify and analyse the source of legacy income we receive.
How do we protect your information?
We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your information and keep it confidential, including SSL technology, encryption and firewalls.
You are in control
● You can change your mind about the consent you have given us for our marketing activities at any time.
● You can ask us to stop using your information for any of the purposes listed above at any time.
● You can request to see the information we hold about you at any time by completing this subject access request form, and ask us to correct, delete or restrict it. Please note, there may be a small charge to cover administrative costs if you make multiple requests.
● It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
● You also have the right to ask us to move, copy or transfer the information we hold about you from our own IT environment to another of your choosing, in a safe and secure way.
Simply write to GenZero, CARE International, c/o Ashurst LLP, London Fruit and Wool Exchange, 1 Duval Square, London E1 6PW. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our GenZero team on 020 7091 6100.
If you are not happy with the way we have processed your data you can make a complaint to our GenZero team (at the above contact details) - and if you aren’t happy with our response you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK's Data Protection Authority - the Information Commissioner’s Office. Alternatively, you can go directly to them. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Our data protection team can be contacted on: London-DataProtection@careinternational.org
This policy will be reviewed at least annually. The next review is planned for October 2022. If we make significant changes we will publish them clearly on our website or contact you directly with more information.
Updated October 2021